Friday, November 28, 2008

I made it. And an interesting story.

Well Thanksgiving is now over. We had a wonderful day. It was loud and fun and everything it was supposed to be, complete with the 1st annual Turkey Day Talent show. I hope that everyone else had a wonderful day as well.

Now for the story.
This was the only "sad" part of our day.
My Nana passed away in February of 2005. Since then every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas for some reason there has always been an extra plate set. No matter how many times the number gets counted, one place is always empty. My Papa passed away at the end of August of this year. This year there was no extra place setting. So strange. This of course made us all quite down and shed some tears. They were good tears though because now Nana and Papa are celebrating together.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

HUGS!!! Love U!! I would love to say that it gets better....but it doesn't it just gets easier...