Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Power of One

Power of One Challenge
I wish I had a way with words, but I just don't.

The new year is starting soon and I want to get back to focusing on myself.  As much as I can with a husband and 3 kids.  It's time to make ME a priority again.

I've lost part of myself with the birth of each of my children.  I think this is normal because your life will never ever be the same as it was before having kids.  To me it's trying to find the new "normal."  My 3rd child was born 6 months ago.  I'm still struggling with finding the "new normal" around here.  Hopefully this challenge will help me in the right direction.

Goals for this challenge:
* 10 pounds gone FOREVER
* Water Water Water
* Calcium.  I'm nursing and I don't drink milk.  I need to remember to take my calcium supplements each day.
* Try to find a gym routine that works for me and works for my family.

There you have it.  Hope you don't sneeze from all the dust blowing around.  I will get out the vacuum later and hopefully get rid of it. ;)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

It is hard to find an even balance between 'home/family' and me, especially as sahms. Remember to take time for yourself because you deserve it!!!

You are going to do great K!!! We are in this together and can help each other focus on ourselves :) WITHOUTH feeling guilty.e

Nadine said...

The entire reason I have joined this challenge is because I have let everything else get in my way over the last few months. I guess it doesn't matter how old the kids get, either. You're going to do great. Sit down with your family and tell them what you NEED to do for you!!

Brooke said...

good luck with the new challenge! the focus may be internal but we'll still be around if you need a boost!

Angie said...

I hear you. I too have been taking care of my 3 boys and stopped taking care of me. It is "OUR" time too, we need to take care of US if we want to take care of our children and be there for them. We can do this and we are all here for each other! Good Luck!

Jamee said...

Good luck with the new challenge and finding your new sense of normal!

Trish said...

I know being a SAHM myself, we HAVE to carve out time for us. It took me a long time to find my niche, but I did. You will find it too. I love your goals and know that soon your normal will come together!